Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Do you need a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate? 

UK landlords are legally obliged (in accordance with Gas Safety Regulations 1998) to get an annual Gas Safety Certificate (also known as CP12) for any accommodation that is rented out with gas appliances. 

A landlord’s duties also include arranging maintenance for all pipework, appliances and flues that they own and have been provided for use.

If you are letting a property with gas appliances installed get in touch with us, as Gas Safe and OFTEC registered engineers, many landlords take advantage of our Gas Safety Inspections.

Gas Safe Register Logo | PlumbGas

Gas Safety Checks

For Landlords & Agents 

Our fully qualified engineers will carry out the following checks to ensure the property is safe for your tenants; 

  • Check for good ventilation
  • Check all appliances for gas soundness
  • Check the standing and working pressure (if test points available)
  • Check burner pressure/gas pressure against manufacturers data plate
  • Testing the flue flow to ensure the removal of products of combustion
  • Check operation of all flame failure safety devices
  • Check for sustainability and effectiveness of brackets (if appropriate) 
  • Ensure that the person responsible for the appliance is made aware if the appliance is unsafe 
  • A soundness test is carried out on the full system for the Gas Safety Certificate to be issued 

You will be sent a digitally accessible certificate after the safety check has been completed.

Make an appointment to have your appliances safety checked. It is important to make sure you are legally compliant. 

*The annual gas safety check must be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in. 

Call Now Button